Monday, February 27, 2006

The Wishing Bridge CD and more of my music

I've been playing guitar for about 16 years now. Prior to my life as a writer/podcaster, I was a musician in a New Jersey band, fronted and financed by Matt Mango. We released 2 independent CDs, "The Wishing Bridge" and "Be the Light". I had a hand in 17 of the 21 tracks on both CDs, plus both albums' "hidden" songs. Naturally, I feel deeply connected to each of those songs, with fond memories of developing them in Matt's basement, the recording and mixing sessions at JMM Studios, and in some cases, playing them live on stage. But even when I step back to as objective a spot as I can, I still think there are some truly magical moments throughout both CDs. It was a great time, and I'm thrilled to have the music to remember it. You've heard an excerpt of "Asteroid Speed Highway" at the beginning of each "Duel of the Fates" episode, and a piece of "Kool Katz" at the end. Both tracks were on "The Wishing Bridge".

You can actually check out and order your own copy of "The Wishing Bridge" CD at http://www.theorchard.com/dist/releaseInfo.php?upc=669910559727 . I've also spotted it listed in Best Buy's online CD catalog, but I'm not sure what would happen if you placed an order there. Matt Mango has also asked that I gave out his phone number, so you can contact him directly and request a CD. I don't think I'll post his phone number here, though. If you want to contact him, then send me an e-mail and I'll give you the number. He said that "Be the Light" is there at The Orchard as well, but I didn't see it.

I know that Matt is still doing the songwriting and recording thing, and plans to (hopefully) release his "truthRISEup" CD sometime in 2006.

I also recorded some solo instrumental guitar pieces back in 2001, plus two with vocals with my wife. You heard some of that music during the Spherical Tomi Podiobook. I plan to release them independently sometime in the near future -- and maybe some stuff from the "Wishing Bridge" and "Be The Light" CDs as well. You'll hear about it here when I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home