Thursday, September 15, 2005

Laser Tag Memoir *UPDATE*

Many thanks and kudos to the staff at IROSF ---
They'd initially printed the original, inferior draft of "Supremacy: A Laser Tag Memoir" for Vol. II, Issue #8. I alerted them to this; they apologized for the error and have posted the far-superior rewrite on their site. Many thanks to Bluejack, Joy Ralph, and Travitt over at IROSF for their highly professional handling of the situation. My Bio has been updated there too.

I also appreciate their interest in the essay. Laser Tag isn't a topic that garners much mainstream attention, but it was a big deal for a small subset of people, especially gamers, movers, shakers, and loiterers in the Sci-Fi community. Photon played a huge role during a crucial stage of my life, and deserves at least some small treatment from me. It's a good essay (if I do say so myself). Give it a read.

Now, I just hope that Hawk of the Undertakers doesn't come across it and get too pissed off.....

--update to the update-- You do have to register to get in and read the full article, but it's free, and you needn't fear eternal spamnation afterwards.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was entertaining. You've got a knack for non-fiction. Is knack really spelled knack, or am I thinking of the early 80's band that did the song MY SHARONA? Not sure. I think I may be just babbling. Okay, I'm going to back slowly out of the room now.

Adrienne

9/16/2005 5:47 AM  
Blogger JackMangan said...

Thanks so much Adrienne!

Funny how 80s-era Laser Tag got you thinking of M-M-M-My Sharona.

9/16/2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home