Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Day The Earth Stood Still review

My review of the legendary science fiction film, "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is up at SFWatcher.com, replete with grammatical errors... ugh.

I also neglected to mention Bernard Herrman's great musical score. It's the definitive atmospheric, spooky, 50s Flying Saucer picture soundtrack. Quite possibly the greatest Theremin composition of all time.

Go check out the review anyway. It's a great film - 5 stars.
And hmmm... I recently gave "No Maps For These Territories" 4 stars, and I'm really loving the book I'm on right now - will probably also give that one a high rating. I may need to review something really awful soon, like "Yor the Hunter From the Future" or one of those extraneous hack Dragonlance spinoff series, just to balance things out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home