Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Spherical Tomi Podiobook Sound Quality

So, a complaint was recently raised regarding the sound quality of the Spherical Tomi podiobook. The specific complaint was that the volume variance between the male and female voices is too great. I hadn't noticed this myself, but took the complaint seriously and went back to listen again. Apologies and no disrespect to that person, but I, and others I've asked, have not found anything unnatural. If you agree with this complaint, or if you are the person that raised the issue, then please feel free to contact me to elaborate. E-mail or use the posts on this site if you like. I almost wish I heard it too - because then I could fix it, and keep that guy as a listener.

Any and all complaints about the podiobook and even the text itself will be seriously considered, so please don't hesitate to post your feedback where I can see it, positives and/or negatives. Warning: Trolls will be subjected to flashes of brilliant light, and thus turned to stone. That guy's complaint about the voice levels was sincerely felt and un-trollish, even though I don't necessarily agree.

All that said, I'm going to see what I can do to reduce the "tape hiss" effect in future episodes, if anything. Yes, the overall sound quality is lo-fi, but it's the best I'm gonna get until I can upgrade my recording equipment. I'd thought (and been told that) it was listenable, even better than some audiobooks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home