Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another place I was quoted

Did I ever post this one? No, I don't think so.
Quite awhile back, I found that my review of William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition" for Beyond Infinity Magazine had been quoted at the Barrel Magic! website, in a section apparently devoted to the compilation of thoughts on the book.

I'm pretty proud of that review actually. In it, I'd first gone public with my observation that William Gibson tends to fixate on rose imagery in his writings. I can cite the story titles, "Fragments of a Hologram Rose" and "New Rose Hotel", not to mention the scores of "rose" referencs that tend to appear throughout his prose.
Any other Gibson devotees out there? Can you point to other examples of this - help to further recognize this pattern in his writing?
I suppose I oughtta also post this question to fashionpolice and the others over at William Gibson's personal message boards...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home