Tuesday, February 07, 2006

And now for something completely different. . .

. . . A man with a unique guitar.

OK, so I thought I'd have some news to post by now - but - I have nothing until tomorrow.
In the meantime, check out this amazing display of dexterity. Forget that the guy looks like a cross between Nigel from Spinal Tap and Blackie Lawless from WASP - - that's a pretty impressive performance. Check out those tendons on his forearms - - they look like they're about to snap and decapitate everyone in the first three rows.
He was apparently the guitar player for the 80s shred band, Nitro. I don't actually remember him; I just remembered the singer breaking glass with his voice.

3 Comments:

Blogger JRMurdock said...

Drat, and I was hoping for a Tomi update.

Although a far more impressive performance (and significantly longer) Steve Vai did invent this type of Guitar during his tenure with David Lee Roth.

That aside, I was blown away by this performance. Very awesome.

So, uh... a Tomi Update? Tomorrow you say? :)

2/08/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Brad P. from NJ said...

Messed up, man.

I agree with the Spinal Tap reference. I kept waiting for him to turn the amps up to ... yeah, say it together... 11.

2/10/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger JackMangan said...

I posted the latest episode - it should be up at Podiobooks any day (hour? minute?) now. Sorry for the delay!

Brad P., I see on your site that had an issue - but you're recovering. Glad you're feeling better.

JR, yeah I remember Vai's heart-shaped guitar.

2/10/2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home