Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fantastic Four

I had a subscription to FF comics for one year, back when I was about 12. I was a huge fan of the John Byrne era. I think Dr. Doom is one of the richest comic book characters, possibly the best comic book villain of all time.
So what went wrong with the Fantastic Four movie?
I'm not going to write a review; I don't have the time or inclination to critique all of its flaws. I'm just expressing my disappointment. I think the movie-making forces behind it had no concern for making a good film; they were apparently only interested in cashing in on the superhero movie trend. I hurried to return the disc to Netflix ASAP, before its badness could infect the other DVDs in my home. . . The hilight of the thing for me was Stan Lee's cameo. Could Roger Corman's infamous low-budget, grade-Z FF movie of the 90s have been that much worse??
I encourage you to read Fantastic Four comics. And I encourage you to rent or even buy this film -- not to watch it for enjoyment, but to ensure that it makes enough profit to warrant a sequel.
And then -- let's get it right in Fantastic Four 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home