Definition of a Blog
I've begun this blog for a few purposes. In this space, I will:
- promote my published works.
- give my legions of fans a place where they can learn of my upcoming events, appearances, publications, etc.
- create awareness of artwork and significant movements across all mediums that I think deserve your attention; i.e., I'll write a paragraph or two - no college papers - on the merits of the piece and why its worth your attention.
I will NOT use this space to:
- spill half-baked philosophical ideas as they occur to me
- link you to other amusing sites and online articles (unless it's a work of art of merit). There are other sites and blogs that already do this very well (http://www.mememachinego.com/, http://blog.wired.com/sterling/ [Bruce Sterling's Blog], to name very few - - - oh no, I've just linked you to other amusing sites!)
- bash poor pieces of art in any medium (unless I REALLY feel moved by the crappy art)
- rant about politics (unless I REALLY feel like there's something that needs to be addressed)
- Get into IMDB-message-board-type debates with trolls, idiots, fanatics, opinionated people. etc. about the artworks I mention here. If you disagree that strongly, start your own blog and spout your opinions there.
- be anal retentive about grammar and typos; I'll save that kind of effort for my "real" writing. I'm real sorry in advance if that kind of thing botherrs u.
Now - as this blog and I get to know each other better, the rules may waver and change - but for now - I think this is a pretty accurate forecast. Enjoy! I look forward to sharing some good stuff with you.
Oh yeah - Happy St. Patrick's Day